[OS X TeX] BibTeX macro poll

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Tue Sep 28 02:05:51 EDT 2004

On 28 Sep 2004, at 3:20 PM, Michael McCracken wrote:

> What I'd like to know is, do you ever use the full syntax, and would
> support for macro editing in BibDesk be considered complete if you
> could only edit simple macros like "Month = jun" but more complicated
> ones were only passed through unaltered?

Hi Michael

I occasionally do use things like "month = jun # {~14}" (although this
is a very inflexible approach), and though I'd like to make your life
easier by saying to only worry about the simple problems, I think it's
necessary to eventually support the string syntax in full. Obviously
anything is very appreciated, and basic support will get me using
BibDesk as soon as it's released (probably).

Regards,
Will Robertson

PS Have you read about the further developments planned for BibTeX in
the near(-ish) future? Very interesting reading:
<http://www.tug.org/TUGboat/Articles/tb24-1/patashnik.pdf>

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>