[OS X TeX] New Version of CommandCompletion.txt for TeXShop

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Sep 30 05:52:37 EDT 2004

On 9/29/04 10:14 PM, "Will Robertson" <will at guerilla.net.au> wrote:

> On 30 Sep 2004, at 12:25 PM, Herb Schulz wrote:
>>
>> Is there some reason you believe that $...$ is more robust?
>
> Well, I've traced down why I thought so: David Kastrup wrote on
> comp.text.tex the following:
>
>> You have to be aware that $ is robust, while \(...\) is not.  That is,
>> if you say something like
>>    \section{\(E=mc^2\)}
>> it will barf, whereas the version with $...$ works fine.
>
> While I haven't checked it, I'd believe him.
>
> Will
>
> PS I like using \( and \) for \left( and \right) respectively.

Howdy,

That's very interesting. I just tried it and had no problem with either
version. Both versions weren't in bold until I added \boldmath. That worked
fine with CM, CMSuper, Latin Modern and Lucida Bright (expert) but Fourier
(even with expert Utopia) doesn't support bold math yet.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>