[OS X TeX] Recommendations for downloading LaTEX

Jan Hegewald j.hegewald at tu-bs.de
Tue Feb 1 05:39:58 EST 2005

Hello,

Am 31.01.2005 um 22:53 schrieb Maarten Sneep:
[...]
> Ehm, how do I say this: an i-package is a Mac OS X bundle, which
> really is a directory with a bunch of files.

Yes, I know.

>  i-Installer only loads the files from the bundle it needs to proceed.

I know;-)

> In case of the TeX bundle that is only about 1/3rd of the whole
> package. Case in point, my tex.ii2 directory is currently 102 MB. From
> the property list I can see that there are some 54 files in the
> bundle, while I only have 36 in mine.
>
> So downloading whole i-packages is like downloading a whole tree, and
> you may download too much.

OK, you are perfectly right here. What I wanted to say was: If the OP
only wants to  download all the files first, then install locally one
can use the ftp route. I do this about once a year. With 'whole tree' I
meant the directory which contains all the i-packages. Sorry for being
imprecise.

--Jan--

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>