[OS X TeX] Opinions about ConTeXt

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Feb 3 11:16:42 EST 2005

On 2/3/05 9:56 AM, "cormullion" <cormullion at mac.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience or opinion about ConTeXt (Pragma ADE)
> (uncertain about capitalization)? I¹ve had trouble finding out about it from
> their elegantly obscure web site. Does it sit on top of, alongside, or replace
> my existing i-Installed TeX installation?
>
> thanks

Howdy,

ConTeXt is, like LaTeX, a set of macros that sits alongside AND COMES WITH
the i-installer version of TeX. It may come with the Fink version but I
don't know. So... If you've got the Gerben Wierda's i-installer gwtex you've
already got ConTeXt. To get an introduction to ConTeXt go to

<http://home.salamander.com/~wmcclain/context-help.html>.

The look (and feel) of ConTeXt is quite different than LaTeX but it is very
powerful and has very advanced typographic features. All said by a complete
novice!

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>