[OS X TeX] BibTeX buffer size exceeded

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Fri Feb 4 10:06:26 EST 2005

On 4 feb 2005, at 15:53, Michael Kubovy wrote:

> I believe that a previous thread suggested changing the file to UNIX
> line feeds. I believe that I have done that. How to check?

I would guess that JabRef doesn't know a thing about Mac line-breaks,
so I'd be surprised if they ever got in there... Simple advice:
download TextWrangler, and check in the user interface there.

> Any further advice?

"line 21247" is in the field that is actually too long. Have a look
what it is (with a text editor). If it is an abstract field, or really
anything but a name field, you can use the technique described here:
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=bibstrtl (stick to the
second method, don't bother about the first).

There are no messages about possibly missing {} pairs, leading to an
abstract that includes the next entry? Try to balance the braces well
before the point of failure (using for example TextWrangler), that
should tell you if that is the problem.

If the problem is within the authors (or editors) field, you have a
problem. The only option at the moment is to cut the list and end it
with "and others".

Maarten

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>