[OS X TeX] Strange Behavior With Lucida Font

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Feb 7 21:58:58 EST 2005

On 2/7/05 8:45 PM, "Brian Powell" <powellb at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for the reply. I do not use the lucidabr package because it
> completely destroys the math mode fonts. I am not sure why this is. I
> am using Gerben's latest Tex install with the lucida package it comes
> with.

What Lucida package? While there are .fd files, .sty files, .tfm files and
.map files. there are no .pfb files which is where the fonts actually
reside. The Lucida Bright fonts are commercial fonts; although Y&Y are
having difficulties at this time. Have they really been released for free
use?

You probably don't have the Lucida New Math fonts so the maths is coming out
badly.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>