[OS X TeX] I do like ps4pdf

Michael Hoppe mh at michael-hoppe.de
Wed Feb 9 15:45:26 EST 2005

>  I assume you customized the %&latex processing for ps4pdf processing?

Err, you must have latex run to process ps4pdf ...

?

>  Can you give me an example of the problem?

No, because I don't have any problem at all any more.  I've tried
several solution to my problems.  My first problem *was* (it's solved
now) to get character protrusion to work together with pstricks.
That could be done by altpdflatex without any pdftricks or ps4pdf.
Next problem occurred after introducing font-expansion: I must have
it!  Font expansion doesn't work with altpdflatex, so I've tried
several different solution to get them three: protrusion, expansion
and pstricks in one bag, and the easiest (at least for me) was ps4pdf.

>  Send it to me off-list and I'll
>  take a look at it.

Thanks for your help, but litterally I don't have the faintest
problem with the cited subjects at all.

>  The microtype package certainly shouldn't be active in the pics

Hmm, how should I disable them in the pics whereas microtype is
enabled globally?  Anyway, microtype doesn't do any harm to the pics.

>  since those
>  features are disabled when pdfetex is in dvi mode.

I see.  Thanks again for your help,

Michael
--
-= Michael Hoppe <www.michael-hoppe.de>, <mh at michael-hoppe.de> =-----
-= Key fingerprint = 74 FD 0A E3 8B 2A 79 82 25 D0 AD 2B 75 6A AE 63