[OS X TeX] Spaces in file or folder names

Aditya Dushyant Trivedi atrivedi2 at student.gsu.edu
Thu Feb 10 10:36:38 EST 2005

 Maarten Sneep

>Just avoid spaces in names that you have to pass to LaTeX. You'll be
>much happier. Trust me on this.

I have used files and folders with spaces in it (for LaTeX) on Windows with no problem (On windows I use MiKTeX). I have never had a problem.

If I understand correctly, OS X being a UNIX based system uses a unix based distribution. Historically, LaTeX has been used through command line. Having spaces in names when using it via command line causes issues. You have to remember to quote things properly. Many scripts which are used to automate a TeX run do not handle spaces in file names properly. Thats a platform specific problem and not a TeX problem.

Please feel free to correct me if i am wrong.

Eddy

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>