[OS X TeX] Replace LaTeX????

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Sun Feb 13 20:54:08 EST 2005

On 13 Feb 2005, at 1:48 AM, William F. Adams wrote:
> Yes. All we need is a way for TeXshop or some other editor to collapse
> them into just their title / name w/ a little widget to disclose them
> at need.

TextMate can do this, as can AucTeX under emacs.
I wouldn't recommend the latter to someone who doesn't already know
emacs, and the former has very little TeX support (no nice buttons to
tell it when you want to typeset, etc). I toyed with the idea of
writing some support files for it but (a) the app costs money, and if
I'm going to buy it I kind of want it to work out the box, and (b) it
was all based on shell scripts and regex, which I'm not too
knowledgeable about.

Maybe iTeXMac 2, when it appears, will be able to? I don't know.

Will

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>