[OS X TeX] Replace LaTeX????

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Mon Feb 14 12:26:45 EST 2005

On 14 Feb 2005, at 3:43 PM, Paul McCann wrote:

> TextMate's LaTeX support is evolving: it's still not at the stage where
> it can match something like TeXShop or iTeXMac, but there are a few
> LaTeX bundles in flux at the moment, and the developer seems quite keen
> on improving the LaTeX support. Preview in TeXniscope is enabled, as is
> one key (rather than one click) support for processing. Those
> frustrated
> with conflicting key shortcuts will be pleasantly surprised to find
> that
> TextMate presents a list of matches when two of its shortcuts are
> pointing at the same key sequence.

That is fantastic news!
I've started to become accustomed to Emacs, but an app with both emacs
AND mac key bindings would suit me better. I still find it quite
difficult to work out how to customise emacs, whereas TextMate seemed
fairly straightforward. (Plus annoyances in emacs like the scroll bar
not working if you click in it too many times quickly. (Maybe I have a
bad build?))

I would be very interested in hearing if/when there are any big
announcements on this front.

Regards,
Will

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>