[OS X TeX] Dental problem

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at verizon.net
Wed Feb 16 12:04:49 EST 2005

I use asparaenum a lot to number blocks of body text.
After a numbered paragraph, any new paragraph remains un-indented which
is as I want it.
Occasionally, though, I like a new paragraph to be indented. Someone—I
forget who, suggested that immediately upon
\begin{asparaenum}
I have
\def\indent{\hglue 5.3mm}
This works beautifully as I now only need to start any paragraph I want
to indent with \indent (which, previously, did not work).

In one short sentence, I now would like the same with compactitem
(\def\indent{\hglue 5.3mm} does not work).

Specifically, while the following is un-indented both in body text and
in asparaenum

\noindent
\setlength\tabcolsep{5.5pt}
\begin{tabular}{|c|c|c|}
\hline
xxxx
& yyyy
& zzzz
\\
\hline
\end{tabular}

it gets indented in compactitem

I tried to renewenvironmnt compactitem but this is way beyond my growing
but still miserable TeXabilities.

I would be grateful for any help.
Forgive the title: I just came back from the dentist.

Regards
--schremmer
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>