[OS X TeX] Re: [Ii2-announce] New TeX i-Package release in *EXPERIMENTAL* i-Directory

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Feb 21 03:59:42 EST 2005

Le 20 févr. 05, à 14:01, Gerben Wierda a écrit :

> I have updated the TeX i-Package and it should be tested by a few
> people as it contains a few changes:

I just tried the new install, it seems to work OK. I won't have the
opportunity to do much TeXing this week, hence not much testing.

A couple of remarks on side issues:

- I keep getting the message:

### tex.configure: Language norsk already activated. Will not enable
two hyphenation patterns for one language. Make sure only one
hyphenation pattern is selected for each language

though I didn't change anything to the default regarding Norsk.

- I didn't double-check, but I've got the impression that at the step
when the user is requested to select the installation mode, there are
three options Expert/Full/Basic, but the accompanying commentaries in
the selection sheet only mention Expert and Basic. (I realize Gerben
explained what's Full in a message to the list a few days ago.)

- For debugging convenience, it could be useful that, for each
i-Package, the Subprocess Output is saved after installation, so that
it can be referred to afterwards in case problems appear after a couple
hours/days of use.

Bruno Voisin
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>