[OS X TeX] TeXShop + external editor of choice?

Johan Glimming glimming at kth.se
Tue Feb 22 09:45:07 EST 2005

Maarten,

> (Would you mind sharing what you've learned, so that next time we can
> point to the archives).

Sure, summary:
In order to use TeXShop with Makefile, I changed both path settings
to /sw/bin:/usr/local/bin:~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/ under
"Preferences-Engine"
and specified ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/Make.engine as Misc-Personal
Script (in both textboxes). In Typesetting in preferences I changed
Default Script to the Personal Script selection, and  Command-Line
Below: to Make.engine.

I created the file Make.engine in the directory evident from above,
containing the lines:

   #!/bin/bash
   make pdf

Where my Makefile builds pdf when given the "pdf" target as an argument.

Regarding editors and TeXShop:

Is then (Carbon) emacs the best option for TeXShop, and indeed is
TeXShop the best option at all?

What extras do you have for your BBEdit, e.g. what TeX extensions? What
setup are you using more precisely (if you are not using TeXShop, what
then?)

Finally, I have requesed the maintainer of fink to include carbon-emacs
build as well, and he promised to do that I think, but nothing yet. So
where can I get the best and most recent build of carbon emacs to use
with TeXShop in the meantime?

Johan Glimming.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>