[OS X TeX] Need help for hebrew fonts

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Mon Feb 28 07:32:17 EST 2005

Hello

I believe I can fix the problem.
There have been some recent changes to the way pdftex accesses map
files, which I don't understand at this stage. All I know is that the
problem can be fixed by explicitly declaring the map file in the
(La)TeX document itself. So, using pdftex, I get the correct results
with:

\documentclass{article}
\pdfmapfile{+cjhebrew.map}
\usepackage{cjhebrew}
\begin{document}
test \<'bgd>
\end{document}

If you need to go the dvips->ps->pdf route, I don't know what's going
wrong. Sorry :( Font encodings and map files have been a bit of a weak
spot for me.

If you have time, you may wish to experiment some with XeTeX for lots
of multilingual typesetting...

Best of luck!
Will

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>