[OS X TeX] TeXshop, non european fonts and XeTeX

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed May 11 12:19:36 EDT 2005

Le 11 mai 05 à 18:10, Bruno Voisin a écrit :

> Le 11 mai 05 à 17:52, Bruno Voisin a écrit :
>
>> TeXShop switched to a new syntax for specifying the engine and
>> encoding. Details are there <http://www.uoregon.edu/~koch/texshop/
>> changes.html> (see "New features in 2.00 and 1.37"). You've got to
>> (1) set in TexShop the default encoding to UTF-8, (2) open you
>> input file -- the characters should now display correctly --, (3)
>> change the first two lines in your input file, (4) save and close
>> it, (5) set back the default encoding in TeXShop to its original
>> setting, (6) reopen your input file -- it should now display
>> correctly.
>
> That's all wrong, and the problem must lie elsewhere. Maybe you
> don't have the font "Geeza Pro"? Sorry for the blunder.

More blunder: that was actually correct. I had forgotten I had set
earlier, in Terminal:

     defaults write TeXShop UseOldHeadingCommands YES

and omitted afterwards to reset it back to the default:

     defaults write TeXShop UseOldHeadingCommands NO

There are some details about this in the file IMPORTANT_README, under
"Beware! Changing Encoding Requires Care".

This also means that the XeTeX samples should be changed at some
point, to reflect TeXShop's new syntax.

Hoping I'm not making another mistake this time,

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>