[OS X TeX] Tying TeXShop down

Roussanka Loukanova rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Sun Apr 8 06:48:59 EDT 2007

On Sun, 8 Apr 2007, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 08.04.2007 um 02:13 schrieb Alain Schremmer:
>
>> Running mktextfm bbold11
>> mktextfm: Running mf-nowin -progname=mf \mode:=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode;
>> input bbold11
>> This is METAFONT, Version 2.71828 (Web2C 7.5.6)
>> kpathsea: Running mktexmf bbold11
>> mktexmf: /var/tmp/texfonts/source/public/bbold/bbold11.mf: successfully
>> generated.
>> (/var/tmp/texfonts/source/public/bbold/bbold11.mf
>> (/usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.texlive/fonts/source/public/bbold/bbold.mf
>> (/usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.texlive/fonts/source/public/bbold/bbparams.mf
>> ! Unknown relation will be considered false.
>> <to be read again>
>
> The cure for this is to restore the PK (and probably also the TFM) files from
> a backup of a time the MF files or the METAFONT programme or both were OK
> *and* to file a bug report at: http://www.latex-project.org/bugs-upload.html.
>
> This latter part I can take over! Send me a notice!

Since I experienced problems with mathbbol (beamer files loop and after
crazy running exit abnormally), you have my notice, unless someone
on the list suggests a better solution.

> Latin Modern is designed to show no difference when compared to Computer
> Modern. CM Super and other PostScript fonts were not built under this
> constraint. Seeing little differences between LM and CM Super might exist,
> though.

It seems to me, I noticed some difference with beamer: with one of the
options, LM or CM Super I could squeeze a little bit more words on a page
(but I do not recall which did better in which case). Or may be it was
with times, or times made such differences also ...

Roussanka