[OS X TeX] biber and bibtex8 engines

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Mon Sep 13 09:17:56 EDT 2010

On 13.09.2010, at 13:43, Alex Hamann wrote:

>> Have you something like this at the beginning of your document: %!TEX TS-program = xelatex
>>
>> This line tells TeXShop to use the xelatex engine for this particular document and it will completely ignore the engine you choose in the GUI (I actually posted about this some time ago, since I think it doesn't make sense that this kind of per document setting takes precedence over an engine like bibtex or biber. Richard Koch answered that he will add the possibility for engines to ignore this kind of setup. But so far, this hasn't been implemented yet).
>>
>> If that's not the solution, I don't know …
>>

> Yes, I do have it and I was just about to narrow down on this. But isn't bibtex engine able to ignore it? Why not biber? ... actually, bibtex is no engine like the others, right? Shame on me.

As I wrote: TeXShop engine cannot ignore this setting, bibtex is an exception which has this ability. Richard promised to allow this for all engines.

Simon

--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 60 39

http://www.simifilm.ch

„Everybody needs money! That’s why they call it money!“ David Mamet