[OS X TeX] Updating MacTeXtras Documentation

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Nov 19 12:21:07 EST 2013

Am 16.11.2013 um 23:08 schrieb Herbert Schulz:

> I would like to know your experience running under Mavericks.

I can only offer experience of reading…

§ 1.7 mentions a "MacTeX-2010" distribution. Shouldn't it be more up-to-date or more universal like a "MacTeX-20xy" distribution? Best would be "MacTeX distribution" IMO…

On the second page you are using the term "i86". 32-bit applications for the intel processors have an "i386" architecture while the 64-bit variant is "x86_64". The mix of "i86/ppc" is UB (Universal Binary), as used before for Aquamacs Emacs 2.4. And "Texmaker, the universal LaTeX editor" seems to be correctly written as "Texmaker"…

--
Greetings

  Pete

’Twas a woman who drove me to drink, and I never had the courtesy to thank her for it.
				— W.C. Fields