[OS X TeX] TeXShop: keyboard combination for \emph

Herbert Schulz herbs2 at mac.com
Sat Apr 15 11:23:42 EDT 2023

> On Apr 15, 2023, at 10:05 AM, Ulrich Groh via MacOSX-TeX <macosx-tex at email.esm.psu.edu> wrote:
>

>> Am 14.04.2023 um 21:41 schrieb Herbert Schulz via MacOSX-TeX <macosx-tex at email.esm.psu.edu>:
>>
>> PS: I also have a macro under the Text Styles item called Bold which is assigned to Cmd-B (i.e. b in the Macro Edditor) and contains \textbf{#SEL##INS#}.
>>
>> Good Luck,
>>
>> Herb Schulz
>

> Herb, this will not work for me (German keyboard): I have to add option or shift or control. And I have also look to get no conflict with already defined system shortcuts.
>
> Ulrich

Howdy,

Interesting! A very long time ago standard Source->Font->Bold and Italic menu items were assigned the ``standard'' Cmd-B and Cmd-I and couldn't be overridden. Unfortunately all they did was change the Source Window font to Bold or Italic until toggled off and had nothing to do with \emph or \textbf. The those system bindings were removed and made available for use with macros. What is bound to Cmd-B on the German Keyboard?

herbs2 at mac.com