[OS X TeX] Math into LaTeX, sixth edition

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 21:05:11 EDT 2023

P.S. I should add that I know how to do _simple_ LaTeX documents, too, and not just the complexities of the-preamble of the book I'm working on.

Attached are two such documents. The second one was used in the junior-year "Writing in Math" course I taught, where I introduced the students to LaTeX and required them to write most of their papers using it.

> On Aug 20, 2023, at 12:55 PM, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> George,
>
> I'm a retired university math professor who used LaTeX for course materials as well as to prepare camera-ready copy for one commercially-published undergraduate textbook.
> I'm currently preparing a 2nd edition of an undergraduate/graduate topology text originally published "the old fashioned way" from typescript manuscript.
>
> Over many years I regularly did editorial reviewing of undergraduate math textbook manuscripts for several commercial publishers; these ranged from broad overview "shall we publish" reviews to very detailed checking of near-final, pre-publication versions of manuscripts.
>
> I've read the past editions of "Math into LaTeX" and hae lately been poring through the new edition of The LaTeX Companion.
>
> My CV is on my "personal" web site: https://people.math.umass.edu/~murray/.
>
> In case it helps, I've attached a .zip archive of the current state of the 2nd edition I mentioned above: the pdf, the root source file, and two of the eight separate files constituting that part of the preamble not in the root itself. (This material is at present copyrighted and not available for re-distribution.)
>
> Murray
>
> <LaTeX_ME.zip>
>
>> On Aug 20, 2023, at 12:11 PM, George Gratzer via MacOSX-TeX <macosx-tex at email.esm.psu.edu> wrote:
>>
>> I am just finishing the sixth edition of Math into LaTeX.
>> I am looking for a few volunteers to read the MS.
>> If you are interested, let me know. Write a few lines about your qualifications.
>>
>> George Gratzer
>> TeX FAQ: https://www.tug.org/mactex/faq/index.html
>> List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/TeX/
>>                https://email.esm.psu.edu/pipermail/macosx-tex/