[OS X TeX] Beyond split view: two pages

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at freemathtexts.org
Mon May 22 11:15:39 EDT 2023

Ok, how about “just" windows with three panes instead of two panes?

Here is why:

When I want to adjust what I am writing in subsection 7-1-4 with what I wrote in subsection 2-5-2, two panes are plenty enough.

But, when I want to adjust what I am writing in subsection 7-1-4 with what I wrote in some subsection whose number ?-?-? I have forgotten, I use a detailed table of contents for the hunting which it would be nice to have in a pane 3 where I could look up various possibilities for ?-?-? each of which I could then look up in pane 2 against what I am writing in pane 1.

Yeah, I know, you give them a hand and they want the whole arm.

But that’s because I am using TeXShop a LOT so that the opus is becoming very MAGNUM.

In any case, these days, just keep on trucking safely.
Very best,
—schremmer