[OS X TeX] !TEX root

Schremmer Alain Schremmer.Alain at freemathtexts.org
Sat Sep 9 10:28:56 EDT 2023

1. Sorry to be so late: my Mac died and then gmail would not deal with my freemathtexts mail anymore. All is fixed now but it took well over a month.
2. You are correct: "you have to enter manually in each of the _copy_ files 1.tex. 2.tex. ... , the number of pages up to and including the last page of the preceding chapter."
3. I have used this “approach” for twenty years and I don’t recall having been much inconvenienced by this shortcoming, probably because you can always see the correct page number in the pdf of the whole book.
 4. Thus, it might perhaps be feasible to do it automatically but my knowledge of latex is extremely limited and I cannot even dream of how this might be done.

Apologetic regards
—schremmer