[OS X TeX] HELP: Package pdftex.def Error?persistent

Luís Sequeira lfsequeira at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 15:18:54 EDT 2024

> Hi,
> Unexpectedly, using newest TeXShop 5.31, jpg files e.g. OWNEGG2.jpg newly
> exported on a Mac (Monterey 12.7.4-latest) using version Keynote 13.1
> (7037.0.101),
> are listed as *not found, *even though the file is definitely present.
>
> The same problem occurs for the same jpg converted to pdf.
> The same error also appears both with Tyeset LaTeX and with Typeset
> pdflatexmk.
> Also for different tex source files.
>
> However previous other Keynote produced files duplicated and given the same
> name are typeset ok. The jpg files do have different color profiles sRGB
> IEC61966-2.1 (old ok jpg) and Display P3 (new 'not found' jpg).
>
> The problem would seem to be the newest MacOS or the newest TeXShop.
> Advice will be much appreciated.
>
> Brian Coleman

It's certainly not TeXShop itself.
The problem seems to with pdflatex.
Typesetting with XeLaTeX or LuaLaTeX has no problem, but typesetting with pdflatex produces the
file not found error.

It seems that it does not support the Display P3 color profile.

FWIW, I tested with the current Keynote, 14.0, on Sonoma 14.4.

LS