[OS X TeX] Vol 198, Issue 5—Exported files Problem lies with macOS 12.7 / Keynote 13.1

Brian Coleman brian.coleman.velchron at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 09:53:18 EDT 2024

Hi,
It has emerged that the 'file not found' problem was not with TeXShop, nor
with TeX.
Unlike past versions, exported images using current Keynote 13.1 under
macOS 12.7.4 on my Mac Pro 2013 now have corrupted (invisibly so) image
file names. Hence TeXShop  reports file as missing.

This was kindly notified by Romano Giannetti (responding to my TeX website
posting)
who checked out my uploaded keynote file and log fike.

Apple support has recommended downloading Keynote 14.1 but this is not
possible under the latest macOS Monterey for my trusty Mac Pro 2013.
Ditto for my MacBook Pro 2016.

I still hope for a compatible update from Apple.
In the meantime each image file name (e.g. listed as XYZ.jpg but which is
preceded by a hidden character i.e. ?XYZ.jpg) must be corrected using
a *terminal
command* (as proposed by Romano):

mv *XYZ.jpg XYZ.jpg

 ls -l is the command to check a directory's file names.

This cleans up the file name.

Thanks for support offered.
If Apple solves it, I'll report/

Regards