[OS X TeX] making an index (nomenclature)

John Collins jcc8 at psu.edu
Mon Feb 5 15:48:25 EST 2024

It's worth adding that to make the kind of index used by the nomenclature
package, the command line to invoke makeindex is not the one for a standard
index, but a modified one.  Here's what the documentation for the nomencl
package says to do:

     makeindex ⟨filename⟩.nlo -s nomencl.ist -o ⟨filename⟩.nls

As Herb explained, the pdflatexmk engine in TeXShop (and its xelatexmk etc
relatives) provide a special configuration to latexmk to get makeindex invoked
appropriately for the nomenclature.

John Collins