[OS X TeX] making an index (nomenclature)

Herbert Schulz herbs2 at mac.com
Mon Feb 5 20:30:15 EST 2024

> On Feb 5, 2024, at 5:24 PM, Nicolae Garleanu <nbgarleanu at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I don’t mean to try to have anyone else waste time on this, but just in case it rings a bell with anyone: On my “real” file,
> 1. If I run makeindex from command line all OK.
> 2. The % !TEX program = pdflatexmk snippet at the top of the file does not do anything. It does work on the MWE.
> The two files are in the same directory. All the nomenclature related commands in the MWE are also in the real file.Is there a way to run pdflatexmk from the command line as a check? Just writing it followed by file name gives me a “command not found" error (as it perhaps should).
> Nicolae
>

>> On Feb 5, 2024, at 16:50, Nicolae Garleanu <nbgarleanu at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I figured out that I had to move the pdflatexmk engine from “Inactive” to the Engines folder. My simple example now works. (The real file I want to use it on does not, but the problem must be of a different nature.) Thanks again.
>> Nicolae

Howdy,

That's very strange! The pdflatexmk engine is usually one of the default active engines. What version of TeXShop are you using as well as the MacOS version?

For the `real' file can you please send me a copy of the Console output? If it works for the MWE it should still work for your real file.

herbs2 at mac.com