[OS X TeX] TeXShop syntax highlighting for expl3

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 14:05:10 EST 2024

Hi

There's more to language tools than syntax highlighting!

Recently I read that the newly open source Zed editor "speaks the Language
Server Protocol to provide autocompletion, code navigation, diagnostics,
and refactorings."

LSP was developed by Microsoft and is now an open standard. Wikipedia says
that in the past few years LSP has become widely adopted for code
completion, syntax highlighting and the like.

Here's some links:
* https://www.phoronix.com/news/Zed-Editor-Open-Source
* https://zed.dev/
* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Language_Server_Protocol
* https://microsoft.github.io/language-server-protocol/
* https://microsoft.github.io/language-server-protocol/implementors/servers/

And there is a LSP for Latex.
* https://github.com/latex-lsp/texlab

Perhaps someone would like to investigate the creation of an LSP for expl3.
The first step might be a dictionary between expl3 concepts and the
capabilities of LSP.

Finally, +1 for Phoronix. Its article on Zed reminded me of LSP.

with kind regards

Jonathan