MakeIndex

The official TeXShop Support Forum.

Re: MakeIndex

Postby petrus » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:29 pm

Over the years of using TexShop I was adding packages as I needed them. I tried removing them and running Latex and it could not find fancyheadings. But something is clearly wrong. I trimmed ChapterOne to one page of text containing two \index entries. Then I quit TexShop, trashed all files except for the .tex files, emptied the trash and re-started TexShop. It still generates a .ilg file with 113 line entries, each one "Input index error (file = MasterFile-Merer, line = 'linenumber'): -- Missing arguments -- need two (premature LFD)" I don't know where it is pulling out all these \index entries when they have clearly been erased.
petrus

Postby Herbert Schulz » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:20 pm

Howdy,

Did you clean all the files except for source files before running? Sometimes old aux, ind and idx files can mess things up.

If you don't update your TeX distribution you'll have to keep those packages, e.g., fancyheadings, around since they obviously aren't part of the distribution you have.
Good Luck,
Herb Schulz
Herbert Schulz

Postby petrus » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:42 pm

Yes, I got rid of all of them. Just the .tex remained. I guess an update is in order. Thanks.
petrus

Postby ppetrus » Fri May 11, 2012 2:48 pm

I found out the problem with this, and it was so simple. My old file was called "Master" and that worked fine in Textures not not in Texshop. When I changed it from "Master" to "Master.tex" the indexing worked perfectly.
ppetrus

Previous

Return to TeXShop (engl.)