Full screen in Lion

The official TeXShop Support Forum.

Re: Full screen in Lion

Postby Herbert Schulz » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:08 pm

Howdy,

Cmd-1 takes you from pdf<->source and the source for the pdf, i.e., the file that was typeset to get the pdf, is that root file so that is working properly. You can use Cmd-~ to cycle through the windows and Cmd-F2 to cycle between source windows but that can get tiresome with lots of files open. Finally, you can use the sync and Cmd-Click in the pdf to go back to the proper source file.
Good Luck,
Herb Schulz
Herbert Schulz

Postby Wuddel » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:09 pm

Hey guys,

first of all: Thanks for all the work on TexShop! It has been my favorite TeX-editor for about 7 years now. I really appreciate the efforts of the team to make use of the Lion features. I used the versioning feature quite often already.

I have to say I rarely use any of the fancy sync features etc. I also look rarely at the formatting of my document until I am done with the text.

Anyway. For non-Tex-text I come to use ByWord a lot and I like how it handles text display. Its very minimalistic. You basically on pick a font, a text width and if you want to write on a light or dark background. When I write in this it usually looks like this.

Bizarrely, this actually helps me a lot to focus down on my task, and not get distracted (pathetic, I know). I kinda try to emulate that with TexShop, but it is not real thing. (BTW I use "Moom" for window positioning, which is a cheap little program from the appstore.)

Anyway, I would love to see a similar mode for TexShop.
Wuddel

Postby Herbert Schulz » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:16 pm

Howdy,

If you mean you like white text on a black background I think you can do that using TeXShop's hidden preferences but I think you may lose syntax coloring.

I guess I don't use TeXShop for general text editing but specifically for (Xe/pdf)LaTeX document creation. For that kind of editing I usually use BBEdit (TextWrangler is a somewhat less powerful free alternative).
Good Luck,
Herb Schulz
Herbert Schulz

Postby stefan » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:08 pm

Hi,

First, I would like to thank the developers of TexShop for their great work! I'm a big fan of the application.

I use the split screen function very often to be able to be at two places at once in one document. However, for both the editing and the preview window it would be nice to have a vertical split rather than a horizontal split in full screen mode. This way one could use the wide screens more efficiently. In the preview window, one could then have two pages next to each other which could be scrolled individually.

Cheers,
Stefan
stefan

Previous

Return to TeXShop (engl.)