[OS X Emacs] Emacs.app unicode and number pad keys problem

xah lee xah at xahlee.org
Sun Dec 16 06:02:57 EST 2007

recently i gave NeXT/OpenStep Emacs another try.

Here's 2 problems:

(global-set-key (kbd "<kp-1>") 'func)

does not seems to work. (i have many functions assigned to the number
pad keys)

also, many unicode chars does not show up by default.
e.g.
http://xahlee.org/unicode.txt
(they all show in carbon emacs and aquamacs out of the box)

Is there a easy way to fix the above 2?

PS i tried OpenStep emacs 2 or so times in the past year, but
basically abandoned it right away when i open my unicode file and
most chars don't show. With the current version, still many doesn't
show. I tried it again today because i realized it is a Cocoa app,
while Carbon emacs and Aquamacs are both Carbon based. It seems
noticeably faster btw than Carbon emacs. (been using Carbons emacs
since 2004 or so)

   Xah
   xah at xahlee.orghttp://xahlee.org/