[OS X Emacs] Emacs.app doesn't do aliases...

Joe Davison halting at comcast.net
Fri Dec 21 23:54:18 EST 2007

Emacs.app (NS 9.0-rc3) on Tiger (10.4.11).

Create an alias to an existing, non-empty, file and another to an
existing directory.

Try to edit the first -- No error message, but also no content => not
the file that the alias refers to.
Try to edit a file in the directory through the alias -- "Not a
Directory"

I don't know if it worked before.   It works fine with symbolic
links.   I don't create aliases myself, but I downloaded an
application, and it created a couple of aliases -- and I couldn't
edit the file until I found the original.   Seems like a problem
others might well encounter.

joe