[OS X Emacs] Re: python-mode

Mark Bestley newsgmane at bestley.co.uk
Fri Dec 28 16:55:42 EST 2007

Michael Terry wrote:
> It's driving me nuts that when I evaluate a region in Python mode, the
> result isn't printed in the minibuffer or messages buffer or anything.
> Is this really the way it's supposed to work? I basically want to work
> with Python the way I would AppleScript in Satimage's Smile, but this
> is killing my dream.

It works for me ;)

However you do need to start the interpreter first

Try menu Python->Start Interpreter

Then executing a region will send the text to the python interpreter and
will show what that would do - in effect the results of print

The interaction with python is just a very nice wrapper on command line
python - which I think is better than most other development environments
--
Mark