[OS X Emacs] Setting the default font no longer works

Julian Adams joolsa at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 04:16:22 EST 2007

Hi -

I'm trying to set the default font in Aquamacs 1.2a. I had a setup
which worked in 0.99d, where I'd set this up by the customise system,
so that I have:

(custom-set-faces
 ;; custom-set-faces was added by Custom.
 '(default ((t (:stipple nil :background "White" :foreground "Black"
:inverse-video nil :box nil :strike-through nil :overline nil
:underline nil :slant normal :weight normal :height 90 :width normal
:family "ProFont"))))
 '(fixed-pitch ((t (:family "apple-profont")))))

in ~/Library/Preferences/Aquamacs Emacs/customizations.el

After 0.99d this hasn't worked, although customizations.el is still
loaded according to *messages*. Does anyone know if this is expected
behaviour, or a bug ? Or better still how to fix this. I can execute
the above elisp, and the font is then set correctly.

I also have this:

(set-default-font "-apple-profont-medium-r-normal--9-90-72-72-m-90-mac-roman")

in my .emacs file. This has never worked, although it executes fine by
hand. I'd just like to be able to set the default font :) At the
moment I'm keeping 0.99d as my main install.

thanks,

Julian