[OS X Emacs] do-applescript?

Adrian Robert adrian.b.robert at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 01:34:42 EST 2007

On 11/12/07, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at web.de> wrote:

> Am 12.11.2007 um 07:37 schrieb Adrian Robert:
>
> > I just noticed on my machine there is the function
> > ns-service-Script-Editor-Run-as-AppleScript (from auto service
> > exposure to lisp).  However this seems not to work, no matter which
> > app I call the service from.  (Maybe the script menu needs to be
> > enabled or something?)  Probably worth a try at least.
>
> Have you used the right syntax? Interestingly these work for me:

Thanks for the encouraging report.  Still no go for me though, I think
something must be hosed up with applescript or the editor app on my
machine..

BTW, also on the topic of services, I'd like eventually to expose
Emacs services to the system, which some (all?) of the Carbon versions
already do, though I'm a bit worried about conflicting with them..
Anyway if any Cocoa programmer out there wants to submit something for
this, let me know.  And ideas for services to expose (besides the
obvious 'open text in new buffer') would be great.

Adrian