[OS X Emacs] AquaMacs reftex hook

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 07:49:35 EST 2007

Joe,

> In carbon emacs, I have
> (add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook 'turn-on-reftex)
> (setq reftex-plug-into-AUCTeX t)
>
> in my .emacs file to cause reftex mode to be enabled whenever I load
> a latex document. This doesn't work in Aquamacs. How do I add this
> hook in aquamacs? It seems to be getting ignored.

You don't need these lines - these settings are the default in Aquamacs.

So, when you load a latex document, there is no "Ref" menu and reftex-
mode is not enabled?
This shouldn't be.
I suggest you start Aquamacs without any customizations, e.g. like this:

/Applications/Aquamacs\ Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Aquamacs\ Emacs -q

Does the problem go away? In that case, check your customizations
(.emacs, Preferences.el and customizations.el).

Let me know how you get on.

Best,
David

http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and