[OS X Emacs] Problems with spell-checker

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 15:27:11 EDT 2008

On 18 Apr 2008, at 19:39, Jochen Küpper wrote:

> On 18.04.2008, at 18:57, Nathaniel Cunningham wrote:
>
>> Switching back to english will be problematic; right now, Aquamacs
>> only looks for Cocoaspell dictionaries in the first directory
>> (alphabetically) within /Library/Application Support/cocoAspell. If
>> you have de-something and en-something dictionaries installed, only
>> the deutsch set will be seen.
>
> So why is CocoAspell the suggestion for Aquamacs users???

It was chosen because it comes as a nice .pkg, doesn't require
anything else (such as MacPorts), and during limited testing, the
aspell worked fine.

If someone could make a package from the MacPorts install (that
doesn't require MacPorts), then we could supply that to users!
The install could have dictionaries for a couple of common languages
as well...

- D

http://aquamacs.org/donate -- Could we help you? Return the favor and
support the Aquamacs Project!