[OS X Emacs] forward-word binding

Nicholas Reich nick.reich at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 14:13:29 EDT 2008

Nathaniel et al-

Thanks for your suggestions. I will try to use \M-left/ and \M-right
instead.

I've tried to implement them but the behavior that I describe below is
not changing once I've created the Preferences.el file.  My questions
boil down to two issues:

(1) perhaps the function I'm looking for is not 'forward-word.  I am
particularly interested in the function that will jump from word to
word and will even jump into the middle of a set of parentheses,
rather than jumping over anything contained within them.

(2) Even if the function that I'm looking for is 'forward-word,
creating the Preferences.el in ~/Library/Application Support/Aquamacs
Emacs/Preferences.el does not seem to have any impact on the behavior
of Aquamacs.  I've obviously tried quitting the application and even
restarting the computer in an attempt to have any changes take effect.

Nick