[OS X Emacs] Carbon emacs (summer edition keeps) files open?

peter.frings at agfa.com peter.frings at agfa.com
Wed Aug 13 11:33:00 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I recently switched to the summer edition of Carbon Emacs, and find
that something has changed with respect to the previous version (well,
I suspect it's emacs, since nothing else in  my workflow has changed
-- to my knowledge...).

I frequently inspect an image from a dired buffer in order to decide
whether I have to edit it. If so, I close the buffer showing the image
(C-x C-k), and then open that image in photoshop.

Now, with the summer edition, I can no longer save that image from
within photoshop: it complains that the "file is in use or left open".
Sure enough, lsof shows those image files still in use by emacs.
However, the buffer listing doesn't show them anymore.

Now the question:
- is there a way to close those files (apart from quitting emacs)?
- if it's really emacs, is there a way to fix it?

Thanks,
Peter.

emacs-version gives "GNU Emacs 22.2.50.1 (i386-apple-darwin9.4.0,
Carbon Version 1.6.0) of 2008-07-17 on seijiz.local"