[OS X Emacs] synctex in Aquamacs

Rick Zaccone zaccone at bucknell.edu
Thu Aug 14 13:43:21 EDT 2008

> I never did say thank you for this. I did slightly different from
> this. I used the
> Customize AUCTeX:teX Command:Latex Command
> menu item after noting that there were a lot of '%' signs that I
> didn't understand (and didn't feel like disturbing after my first
> attempts didn't work). All I had to do there was change
> pdflatex
> pdflatex -synctex=1
>
> Much nicer.
>
> Thanks for guiding me through. It had been a while.
> Joe

Now that Skim now has support for SyncTeX, I would like to get this to
work too.

Which version of Aquamacs are you using?  I'm using 1.5RC2.  If I
select Customize AUCTeX -> Tex Command -> LaTeX Command, the current
value is latex, not pdflatex.  I format my documents from within
Aquamacs and it uses pdflatex.  Why is the value not pdflatex?

If I try invoking pdflatex from the command line with

pdflatex -synctex=1

it tells me

pdflatex: unrecognized option `-synctex=1'
This is pdfTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.40.3 (Web2C 7.5.6)

Do I need a newer version of pdflatex?

Rick