[OS X Emacs] Incremental search in Aquamacs 1.4

Jochen Küpper kuepper.jochen at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 30 04:03:34 EDT 2008

On 30.08.2008, at 03:32, José Miguel Figueroa-O'Farrill wrote:

> On 30 Aug 2008, at 01:57, Richard Vile wrote:
>
>> (a) Do others share my annoyance?
>
> Yes.

Absolutely!

I really like the fact that bundles (almost) all the stuff I need, but
with this recent stream of opt-out changes I am seriously considering
to use plain Carbon Emacs (or similar) instead...

The really annoying thing about the changed iseqrch is tat you cannot
simply start moving the cursor (and, for example start typing) from
the match position, because your whole movement marks a region.

>> (b) How do I turn the behavior back to the "old" way.
>
> This is what David suggested when I ask the same question you did:
>
> (remove-hook 'isearch-mode-end-hook 'aquamacs-set-region-to-search-
> match)

cool, now isearch works again;-)

Greetings,
Jochen