[OS X Emacs] Slime+OpenMCL: debugging

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 19:27:31 EST 2008

On 11 Dec 2008, at 18:11, Bill Clementson wrote:

> Pressing "v" when on a stack trace line should take you to the source
> line (you may have to compile your code with (debug 2) or some such if
> it doesn't work for you).

OK, thanks, didn't know about "v".
However, it only works for the internal code - pressing "v" for
anything in my own code brings up l1-boot.lisp, which I presume is the
highest level compiled with the right options.

I tried adding  (declare (optimize (debug 2))) to some interesting
functions, which doesn't help.
How would I declare something for a file?

> It's preferable to use the CVS version of SLIME instead. If you have
> any problems, you'll have trouble getting help with the 2006 version
> of SLIME.

Can you recommend a specific snapshot?  Something that has seen some
testing?

C-c C-t doesn't work as expected in the current Slime CVS, for example
- it is bound to trace/untrace, so I don't know how to clear the
buffer...

Thanks
- David