[OS X Emacs] Saving without Resource Fork

Joshua Smith jesmith at kaon.com
Wed Feb 6 09:54:57 EST 2008

I don't know about textwrangler or bbedit -- I'm an Emacs user and
cannot tolerate any other text editor.

I just tried with TextEdit, and it did not write the creator codes.

Regardless, I think Emacs is different from those editors, because it
is universal.  You can edit binaries in hex, you can edit ZIP
archives, etc.  The best answer would be that if I open a file which
has a creator code, that when I save, it writes that same creator
code out.  But short of that, not writing a creator code at all is
definitely preferable.

-Joshua