[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs: two AUCTeX issues

Paul Rathouz prathouz at uchicago.edu
Tue Jan 8 18:44:23 EST 2008

On Wed, 9 Jan 2008, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 09.01.2008 um 00:16 schrieb Paul Rathouz:
>
>> once I start re-latexing the
>>    document (using C-c C-c), the current pdf file is not updated;
>
> When it wasn't changed, then no need exists to re-latex it ... You should at
> least see in echo-area a prompt and a suggested action, which you can change
> (with cursor keys for example). Does this happen?

Yes, I know if I have not changed the file, no re-latexing is needed.
Suppose I am working on foo.tex and make a change, though.  Then, hit C-c
C-c.  The minibuffer says something like

 	Command: (default LaTeX)

and I hit enter.  This updates the file _region_.pdf, but not the file
foo.pdf.

> --
> Greetings
>
>  Pete                           <]
>             o        __o         |__    o       HPV, the real
>    ___o    /I       -\<,         |o \  -\),-%     high speed!
> ___/\ /\___./ \___...O/ O____.....`-O-'-()--o_________________
>

> This email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which
> it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and
> confidential. If the reader of this email message is not the intended
> recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or
> copying of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this email
> in error, please notify the sender and destroy/delete all copies of the
> transmittal. Thank you.
>

> This email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which
> it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and
> confidential. If the reader of this email message is not the intended
> recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or
> copying of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this email
> in error, please notify the sender and destroy/delete all copies of the
> transmittal. Thank you.

Paul Rathouz, Assoc. Professor of Biostatistics           ph 773-834-1970
Dept. of Health Studies, Rm. W-264                       fax 773-702-1979
University of Chicago                               prathouz at uchicago.edu
5841 S. Maryland Ave. MC 2007
Chicago, IL  60637