[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs: two AUCTeX issues

M A markoilcan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 13:50:40 EST 2008

On Jan 8, 2008 5:16 PM, Paul Rathouz <prathouz at uchicago.edu> wrote:

> Hi All - I am using Aquamacs 1.2a on Leopard.
>
> Two issues:
>
> 1. When I make  displayed equation, e.g.:
>
>     \[
>     \beta + x - 4 = \frac{3}{4}
>     \]
>
>     the commands display in a nice gray font and the other symbols in
>     black.  They do this *until* I issue the closing "\]", at which
>     point it all becomes a sort of burnt orange.  Is there anyway to
>     keep the nice gray-black display even after "closing" the equation?

You need to customize the math font ("face" in emacs speak) when
syntax highlighting
is turned on. Probably the easiest way to figure out which face to
customize is to put your
cursor (ie "point") in your equation and go to the menu item
Options>Customize Emacs>Specific Face....
In the minibuffer a message will come up saying something like:
"Customize face (font-latex-math-face): "
(possibly other faces might be in there too). Hit "return" and you
should get a *Customize Faces* buffer
with the math face you need to customize. Push the "Show Face" button
(if necessary) and select the face
attributes to your heart's content. Turning off all attributes, I
believe, should make it behave like the "default"
face, if that's what you want.

I don't like using Preview-latex so I don't have any suggestions
regarding you other problem.

Mark A