[OS X Emacs] Re: Switching from Carbon Emacs to Emacs.app

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Jan 10 18:18:18 EST 2008

Am 10.01.2008 um 19:59 schrieb Rodney Sparapani:

> Am I misreading something?

No, you just were not thinking of what Doug McNutt wrote. It's the
traditional UNIX way to build up PATH and other environment variables
step-by-step. The system sets in /etc a first start. Then you can
amend the variables. And you have a few options doing this, in login
shells, for interactive sessions, in non-interactive script runs –
for things I can't imagine!

Reading from ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist allows to forget all this.

> Oh, and I didn't get your reference to Paris.  I've been there, but
> have no idea what you mean.

It's the centralised structure: from one central point 26 régions
with 100 département are ruled. (Other countries have a federal
structure like in good old UNIX ...)

--
Greetings

   Pete