[OS X Emacs] .Mac email with Emacs+Wanderlust

pdfinn at uwm.edu pdfinn at uwm.edu
Sat Jan 12 16:25:13 EST 2008

Dear List,

Has anyone here successfully configured a .Mac email account to work with
Wanderlust under Emacs?  I have configured several other IMAP accounts
successfully and can send mail using SMTP through the .Mac servers, but I cannot
connect to the .Mac IMAP server to retrieve mail.

(I have already posted to the Wanderlust mailing list to no response.)

My Wanderlust folder entry for .Mac is:
%inbox:userName/clear at mail.mac.com:993!

(This works for other ssl-equipped IMAP servers like GMail.)

When Wanderlust tries to connect to .Mac it times out, and then displays the
message:

Cannot open: elmo-network-initialize-session

This message also tends to appear with other IMAP servers when they are
temporarily unreachable, yet I can connect to mail.mac.com directly using
OpenSSL---so I know that is not the problem.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter