[OS X Emacs] Aquamacs question: disable/rename backup files?

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 14:57:35 EST 2008

On 22 Jan 2008, at 18:34, skip at pobox.com wrote:

>   David> (That said, I have observed GNU Emacs writing nasty #...#
> temp
>    David> files for mail messages into ~/ which has always annoyed
> me. But
>    David> technically that's a different story.)
>
> Yeah, but those go away when you save your changes.

Don't think they do when I copy & paste the buffer elsewhere and then
kill it or quit Emacs (which is what I usually do when I report a bug
from within GNU Emacs - otherwise I'd not run it).

But this may be by design. The problem is simply that it is in an
extremely inconvenient place. Such files should go in /tmp/me/ or
somewhere similar.