[OS X Emacs] How to switch on Line Numbers?

José Miguel Figueroa-O'Farrill j.m.figueroa at ed.ac.uk
Thu Jul 31 10:21:58 EDT 2008

> I have just downloaded Aquamacs Emacs, but am struggling as to how
> to get it to display line numbers on my files. I have it switched
> on in Options->Show/Hide->Line numbers, but they still do not show
> up... am i missing something somewhere?

M-x line-number-mode works in yesterday's nightly build of Aquamacs
Emacs 1.5RC1.  This should display in the modeline something like
"Lnnn"  where "nnn" is some integer telling you the ordinal of the
line on which the cursor is positioned.
I'm attaching a screenshot with an "L326".

Cheers, José

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.