[OS X Emacs] How to switch on Line Numbers?

Avdi Grimm avdi at avdi.org
Thu Jul 31 11:34:07 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 11:17 AM, Adam Witney <awitney at sgul.ac.uk> wrote:
> thanks for your response, although i was thinking about having line numbers
> listed down the side of the file window.. is this possible?

This is one of Emacs' few and most baffling weakpoints.  setnu.el was
the only solution for a long time, but it's unusable for large files.
I've been using linum.el, which is far from perfect (files often
display in a scrambled state until you move the cursor around a bit,
and even then the font-lock colors bleed into the line numbers); but
it's the best I've found.
--
Avdi

Home: http://avdi.org