[OS X Emacs] Font embedding

Edward M. Roche eroche at mac.com
Tue Jun 3 11:23:48 EDT 2008

Does anyone know how to make the latex to pdf function (from emacs) generate the PDF-X format instead of the PDF format?
This would save lots of problems.

Under present system I assume this is correct procedure:

1. create latex file.
2. create pdf file
3. open PDF file in Preview.app then "print" file to a PDF-X standard.
IS that what works? Will that embedd the fonts?
Please advise.

(and thanks)

Edward M. Roche
emr96 at columbia.edu